So. I change my clothes a lot during the course of the day. I get food and wet kisses off my youngest and as we are starting potty training, peed on by my eldest. Bearing in mind my youngest can be clingy and prone to crying when I leave a room, changing clothes needs to happen asap.
This has led me to the conclusion I needed a capsule wardrobe. Where everything can be worn with everything else. I can grab any top and it'll be fine. I won't have to shout upstairs details of a specific cardi for my husband to find because any cardi will match.
I'm not going to tell you how to make a capsule wardrobe of your own, I've realised everyone needs different items. No point me buying skirts when I spent a lot of my day crawling round soft play centres and sitting on the floor legs open to accomodate 2 babies and an oversized reading book. For myself, I chose black, cream/white, blue (mainly navy) and pink colours and am completing a wardrobe of my own staples - jeans/trousers, crop trousers/shorts, vests, tshirts, long sleeve tops, blouses/shirts, fleeces, cardis in these shades. With a selection of shoes, bags, floaty scarves etc and a couple of coats.
Now instead of being half naked, holding two boys trying to decide what to wear, I can pull out anything. This saves me time. Not only in getting dressed but actually shopping too. I now mostly shop online. Trying on clothes with a double pram and two bored boys is no fun. I search by size and colour and as I have a list of gaps in my wardrobe eg black vest or pink blouse, I can refine my search and find things quicker. Leaving me more time for the kids, or more likely if I'm shopping after they've gone bed, more me time. Do not under estimate me time.
No comments:
Post a Comment